Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrmichaeljmoore

Wood Pellet prices.....

mrmichaeljmoore
17 years ago

Just wanted to survey everybody to see what they were seeing as the going rate for pellets...

I am located in Western Connecticut.

The best price I have found is $235/ton plus delivery. That is for Dry Creek brand.

Delivery is probably about $50-60 total.

Anyone else price out pellets yet?

Comments (19)

• christina923
    17 years ago

who???
    where???

the best i'm seeing in torrington is at least 250 a ton..plus delivery

• mrmichaeljmoore
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I got that price from V and V Woodstoves in New Milford, CT.

Guess it's a fair price.....
    I am gonna order this week. I belive they are changing (increasing) the prices at the end of the month.

• mrmichaeljmoore
    Original Author
    17 years ago

bump

• christina923
    17 years ago

ahh.... a bit south from me.

just placed my order with iffland lumber for 2 tons, same brand as you, for 249.50 a ton...$45 delivery. this is gonna be my first winter using a pellet stove, next year i will order earlier for a better price. intend to suppliment the 2 tons with bags from walmart through the winter. if all else fails, still have the wood stove downstairs and 3 cords of wood...

• brucerussell
    17 years ago

130 a ton for canadian fir bulk, and 130 a ton for hardwood in 40 lb bags. Once I start approaching 180 to 200 a ton it is cheaper to flick the switch on my furnace. I mix pellets with 65 a ton corn 60/40 thanks,

• oraylawson
    17 years ago

Central Virginia
    $219.00 ton, tax included, picked up as needed.
    Hamer's Hot Ones

• hcdennis
    17 years ago

I just got off the phone with a dealer in my area (western NY).
    Dry Creek - $215 per ton
    Pinnicle - $250 per ton (they come from western Canada, I have heard, so they cost more for shipping, though I have heard that they have a very high heat output)

The dealer said he expected the prices to remain the same through August, unless gas prices spike.

• pellet_furnace
    17 years ago

I purchased my pellets July 1st for $250 per 1.2 ton pallet to be delivered mid August. Delivery is free with the purchase of two or more pallets. They are Kentucky Komfort pellets which I have been told are high BTU pellets. From my research this is a good price in southern Wisconsin.

• metrofireplace
    17 years ago

Differant world out west, we have Premium Pellets for $175.00-180.00 a ton right now. But I don't think many of you on the east coast are willing to drive to Denver for a load of pellets.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pellet Pricing ad.

• katleen
    17 years ago

I got mine from hampton falls,nh for about 228 a ton + delivery(65 for 7 ton). Not half bad

• spike36ff
    17 years ago

I bought mine last wk. from the dealer I bought my P68A from. He is about 3 miles from my house. They were $135 a ton. (premium grade) The place that makes the pellets is about a mile from the dealer but you can't buy them there. There is also another stove delaer in my town, not sure what brand of stoves he sales, but he just started to sell pellets this year, he wants $200 a ton for his. They are from Kentucky. Ray in PA.

• scapeaway
    16 years ago

I JUST PUT IN A MESSAGE AT WOODPELLETS IN CT, I FOUND A REALLY GOOD PRICE ON PELLETS, HE CHARGES 210 A TON WHICH INCLUDES DELIVERY, HE WAS REALLY GOOD, I GOT IT FROM SAMS CLUB IN ORANGE, CT, HIS NAME IS FRANK AND HIS PHONE NUMBER IS 203 795 8456

• woodinvirginia
    16 years ago

Sams Club Waldorf Maryland, $ 4.84 a bag. Looked like they had plenty.

• pmoney
    15 years ago

Hello folks, Just wanted to let you know my buddy Scott Olson owns Connecticut pellet out in litchfield and his pellet prices are the best out there. The early buy has started,$224.00 a ton for Hamers hot ones to name a few so tell him Peter from waterbury sent you!! ctpellet.com all the info you need is here. Have a wonderfull day and a warm 2008 winter season!!!

• tinman17
    15 years ago

Is that the delivered price or picked up? I live in just north of the CT border and found a company that will deliver to me for about $5.00 more dollars than that I want 6 tons and if I can save $30.00 I will cancel my order with www.pellets2u.com

• djg12345
    15 years ago

In central Fairfield County, CT: Aug 1st thru Aug 13th is was $280/ton. I was told yesterday that it's now up to $320/ton and their next order might not be till October. Delivery to surrounding towns is $50 for 1st ton, $15 ea addtional ton. Glad I ordered last week. (hardwood pellets called Lignetics and have an ash content of less than 1%)

• nissn2002
    13 years ago

Hello,

I sell wood pellets - 65 EUR/Ton.

E-mail: nissn2002@yahoo.com

• countryboymo
    13 years ago

205 a ton U haul them in Missouri.

Rocky Mountains are 224.00 a ton.