Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question about fireplace build

Posted by rickn (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 28, 06 at 10:40

The mason has started my fireplace, but I am concerned.
The outside of the fireplace is larger than the opening in my floor. The mason said it is not a problem because he is going to fill the openings with concrete and the step the blocks over. Doesn't seem right to me.

Here is a link that might be useful: a pic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question about fireplace build

i'm confused. why is there an opening in your floor? is this a wood burning fireplace?

o

yes it is

o

Don't understand what you are describing. Can you give a more detailed description?

o

It seems to me as long as the opening in the floor is larger than the actual fire pit area you should be ok. If the mason has enough room to build a cement buffer between the floor and the "hot spot" he's doing it right.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fireplace Build

o

Your link says the image does not exist so I could not grasp your issue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here