Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
northern NJ source for firewood

Posted by jayh (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 8, 06 at 9:20

Just installed a wood burning stove (Quadrafire 3100i) and now looking to see if anybody has any recommendations on a source for good hardwood for the stove in northern NJ. Anybody know a good source for wood up here? Delivery is preferred but I may be able to pick up myself with some help.

Jay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: northern NJ source for firewood

The first place I would contact is the dealer where you bought the stove.
Also I don't know what part of Northern New Jersey you live in but we used to be able to go into the Worthington Forest in Sussex County and cut our own. We would get a state permit.
But the only one I'm aware of is the one provided in the link below. He's in Oak Ridge.
Also possibly landscapers would be selling firewood too. And if you're in the western portion of the state and near the Poconos, there's LOTS of firewood dealers there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Firewood

o

I'm in Morris county and I did ask Hearth and Home in Ledgewood and they weren't that helpful with the firewood side, which did surprise me.

I'm not far from Oak Ridge at all, my sister actually lives there...

Jay

o

I grew up in Kenvil! But I now live in the country.

o

how much wood are you looking for i have wood i could sell you all hard wood

o

I found the guys at Hearth and Home to be mean, condescending and nasty. Not to mention not very helpful at all. They act like they are being put-out. I've been in there about 5 times now and it is always the same. After some homework I found Hometown Hearth and Home in Whippany. Just bought a woodburning stove insert from them. Very nice guys !!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here