Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
has anyone resurfaced a brick fireplace with soapstone?

Posted by nbptmomto3 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 3, 11 at 7:08

I have an outdated acid-washed brick fireplace surround in my living room which will open up to my kitchen after the renovation planned. I'm planning on soapstone counter material and thinking that it would flow really nicely if I resurfaced the fireplace with matching soapstone. Has anyone done this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: has anyone resurfaced a brick fireplace with soapstone?

We just had our brick fireplace re-surfaced in granite with a white surround. The contractor who worked on it actually advised against matching the kitchen granite -- even though the family room opens up right to the kitchen. He said that a more eclectic style is used where you'd use a variety of stones, mouldings, etc from room to room -- giving it a more custom look. Everything matching is more of a builder standard look. So don't feel the need to match your kitchen counters.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here