Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tiled hearth

Posted by Wanderer1 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 4:27

After much argument the husband and I finally decided on which type of gas fire to install.
This is an EXAMPLE of the fireplace only. This is NOT our house!!!
Now we are having an even bigger argument as to what sort of tiles to lay on the hearth.
We have managed to bring it down to two choices.
Carpet around is Charcoal grey and walls are white.
Which ones would you choose?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tiled hearth

I get the other posts now, you would be better served if you posted this on the decorating forum. Us fireplace folks, well most, might not be the people to ask about decorating. You can post multiple pics on the same thread as well.

o
RE: Tiled hearth

Not the best person to ask about decorating, but I do this (install fireplace surrounds) for a living and can offer this advice, if your using a natural stone use granite the marbles will scratch easy and look bad quick. The black granite is one of the hardest and with little effort with Home Depot polish will shine up easy. Even plants with wicker bottoms will scratch the brown marble everyone loves. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here