Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Millivolt wall switch

Posted by miken431 (My Page) on
Sat, May 23, 09 at 22:02

Hello All,
Is the decora type millivolt wall switch shipped through many gas fireplace companies the same as a 15a 120v switch?

Thanks in advancce

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Millivolt wall switch

No. A millivolt switch is designed to work at a very low voltage (one millivolt is a 1/1000th of a volt) which is usually generated by a thermocouple which is part of the switch. It's a completely different piece of equipment.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here