Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
installing a direct vent gas fireplace in a house that has none

Posted by emily_5200 (My Page) on
Wed, May 14, 14 at 21:38

Hi, trying to find ANY information about the cost of building a brick surround for a small direct vent gas fireplace in a house that has absolutely nothing in terms of a fireplace. I've priced the fireplaces themselves, but would love to find out about the brick. I can go with something else, but the brick would look so great with this mid-century home. I also find that most of the references are for friggin' huge fireplaces. I need to go small. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: installing a direct vent gas fireplace in a house that has no

I don't think anyone here can give you any numbers. Since there are posters from literally all over the country here nobody can give an accurate guess.
One region (New England) will definitely have a different price range than another region (Southwest).

Your best bet would be to talk to the fireplace shop and see if they have any contractors who do brick work. Then get 3 estimates.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here