Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why Extroidinair over Heatilator, other brands?

Posted by emilynewhome (My Page) on
Fri, May 23, 08 at 16:54

I see that several posters recommend Extroidinair fireplaces. Only having had non heating, gas fireplaces in previous homes DH and I are stumped at which brand to choose for new build, what features to look for and why.

I read that ceramic glass doors are the way to go, yet very few manufacturers mention if they offer that.

Our plans show 42" direct vent, on an inside living room wall. We will be having central air/heat too, so it wouldn't necessarily be used to heat the whole house (perhaps if the power goes out)we're in SW Louisiana.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why Extroidinair over Heatilator, other brands?

A really competent installer is as important as the product you choose, because they are complicated and can pose a safety hazard if things are not done right.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here