Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question about pellet stove on porch

Posted by scrappy25 (My Page) on
Sun, May 31, 09 at 14:22

Is having a pellet stove on a screened porch too much waste of heat? I thought about having those propane heaters but like the idea of having the stove with a vent.How long does a bag last for?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question about pellet stove on porch

Since pellet stoves produce most of their heat as convection heat or hot air putting one on an open porch would waste most of the heat. Try to find a radiant wood or gas appliance and vent it properly.

o
RE: question about pellet stove on porch

I can only guess the screen porch is used in the mornings and evenings, making the requirement for heat the priority rather than for ambience. If I am correct, look into the PH Series patio and porch infra-red gas heaters from Re-Verber-Ray. These can be obtained at your local gas supplier and installed overhead projecting radient heat down..it heats objects not air. The largest on Lp gas would burn 3 hours steady on 1 gallon of gas. 20 years of installing and servicing RVR products gives it a good track record. Unlike pellet, this is a very low maintenence unit..just don't close in the porch.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here