Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
see through gas fireplaces

Posted by hankster44 (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 12 at 10:48

Building a new home and we are interested in a see through gas fireplace. I have done some research and have narrowed the choices to two: Napolean HD81 and the Heat n glo escape.

I am trying to find reviews or comparisons of the two and cant seem to find any. I am also looking for some competive pricing and if you know of any others please let me know.

So if you own one of these two let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: see through gas fireplaces

Another one to look at is the Lennox LSM40ST.

o

Im not too familiar with the HD81, But the Heat & Glo Escape see through units are very nice. If you have ever seen one in action, it looks very realistic.

Here is a link that might be useful: 1:25 shows the escape in action

o

I'm new to this forum, spent all my time with plants. But, I have a question that I hope you don't mind my asking because I'm now dealing with the see through gas log fireplace.

How well do they heat the room? Doesn't all the heat escape through the chimney? I'm asking this because the gas meter was pulled some time ago from the house that I've recently purchases and I'm having to weigh the cost of running gas through the entire house as well or just stop at the fireplace and use central heat for the rest of the house. You can't beat the ambiance of a 'wood burning' fireplace and gas logs seem to be the next best. But, how efficient is it?

Thanks for allowing me to butt in here.
Xtal

o

Anything worthwhile see-through fireplaces below $3k?

o

Check out Monessen See Thru Fireplaces as well.
http://www.monessenhearth.com/products/Fireplaces/

Here is a link that might be useful: Monessen Hearth

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here