Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for the 'thinnest' slim gas fireplace on the market

Posted by shermp (My Page) on
Sun, May 9, 10 at 2:20

We cannot bump out the external wall so we are trying to save as much space as possible inside a small living room.

Can anyone recommend a brand that makes a very slim line?

The fireplace will be on the smaller size as well. (a width of 20 something inches)

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for the 'thinnest' slim gas fireplace on the market

I assume you mean a prefabricated fireplace. The wood burning ones are likely to be deeper than gas fired ones.

The web is probably the best way to find what you are looking for. Go go Google.com or to Bing.com and type into the search box any word or phrase that likely captures the thing you are looking for. You might have to try several different words or terms. There is a trial and error process with this until you find what your need. But eventually you will access more web sites than you need or imagined in your wildest dreams existed.

You might also want to consider an alternative to a fireplace. There are manufacturers of small gas stoves that are installed directly against a wall. They are described as "zero clearance" which means that that you do not have to surround them with noncombustible material. Some of these stoves are quite attractive, but a different style from a fireplace.

There's a lot of stuff out there. Happy hunting.

o

If you want a direct vent gas versus wood burning, the the Napoleon GT8 might work - only needs 7" of depth.

As they get wider, they also get deeper - their larger models needs around 17" of depth.

HTH

o

BGD 34 will work for you, its very thin, thats what I got, putting in a corent, shell dept is 13.5" to put it in.

o

Thank you. I'll check out the Napoleaons.

We are also considering Heat and Glo Slim line.

o

Any progress on the thin fireplace? Although it's a unique idea, I'm a bit too traditional to go for the single flame unit. Wonder if it actually puts out any heat!

o

Middle of the summer, who reads "firplaces" at this time of year?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here