Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i want a fireplace in my sunroom

Posted by clodomom (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 19:52

Hi,
I have a sunroom off the living room. Our home is a split level and the sunroom is on the ground floor with all glass sliding doors on all three walls. Can I add a fireplace to a wall of glass sliding doors? Would a zero clearance fireplace work? Would this involve alot of $$$ work? Are there any other cheaper options that might work?

And about how much can I expect it to cost. I live in Delaware.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i want a fireplace in my sunroom

This may not work for you but here you go...In our recently sold house I lost my fireplace to DH's massive tv when we were building. A couple years ago I added a biofuel fireplace to a built in that used to house a built-in saltwater fish tank. I modified the built-in with tile on the cabinet top and added glass shelves.
Anyways, I purchased a biofuel fireplace from lagunawaterworks.com. It was going to be very expensive to add a regular fireplace and gas lines. These units are self contained and run off biofuel that you pour into them. I had a wonderful fireplace for less than $1000. Plus the government was running a 30% tax rebate for buying a biofuel fireplace.

Bio fuel fireplaces are used alot in Europe and are realatively new here in the states. With them, you can add a fireplace just about anywhere. Mine gave off great heat, nice flame and had about a 4 hour burn time with one fill.

I included the link below to the biofuel fireplaces. There are many shapes and sizes.

Here is a link that might be useful: biofuel fireplaces

o
RE: i want a fireplace in my sunroom

Thanks! They look really neat and contemporary!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here