Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gas fireplace flame~~

Posted by phoggie (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 11, 09 at 17:43

We presently have a Lennox gas fireplace, but eventhough we turn the flame to "hi", it just does not burn up as high as I would like.....want it more "life-like"..
What kind do you have that has a good flame? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gas fireplace flame~~

I assume you have vented gas logs, which are okay for atmosphere, but not very efficient at producing heat.

If you have unvented, I would say, get rid of it. They are a significant safety hazard and, in my opinion, should be outlawed. And they are outlawed in many municipalities, especially if used in a sleeping room.

If yours is vented, and your primary interest is in producing a really vivid dancing flame, and heating the room is not the primary consideration, you should look into the Eiklor brand. They located in Chicago, I believe. Before we bought our direct-vent system, we shopped around and found that the Eiklor logs produced the BIGGEST dancing flames, really beautiful. We decided to go with a direct vent system because we wanted a highly efficient system that would produce some serious heat for the times when we have a power outtage during an ice storm.

(But you should do that only after making sure that you are getting the most from your present system. Maybe weak gas pressure is your problem. Fixing that will cost you less than getting new gas logs.)

So check out the Eiklor website, and pay a visit to a retailer who has them on display, so you can see for yourself if they will give you what you want. If you phone the company, Mr Eiklor himself may answer the phone. He loves to talk about his gas logs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here