Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Napoleon Gas Fireplace question

Posted by drew2002 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 26, 09 at 16:23

Hi-

For my first post, I would like to ask for some help with a used fireplace that I'm installing in my remodel. I bought this stove used, and did not see it work. I got it installed in my wall, and tried to fire it up, but no pilot. I was told that the valve was faulty, so I replaced that. Still no pilot. I replaced the thermocouple, and now have a pilot light, but now the gas won't flow to the main supply tube so the pilot can ignite it. Any idea on what I need to do to get this fireplace to work? there is a thermopyle that I haven't replaced yet (the only thing left).

Any help would be great. It's a Napoleon GD 25 natural gas.
Drew

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Napoleon Gas Fireplace question

Still dealing with this issue. Now it seemes that the new valve that I got was bad, the pilot tube was cracked, and the thermocouple wasn't putting enugh to the millivolt system to release the solinoid so that the gas would flow to the main tube, SHEESH! I have had to replace everything in this fireplace except the pizometer, some pieces twice. The guy is coming back today, so I'll see if he can pull a rabbit out of his hat. Try before you buy lesson learned on this one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here