Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mybundles1

Help with new fireplace brand???

mybundles1
14 years ago

Hey there. I just purchased a Majestic super hearth 36" wood burning. But I have read some other posts and I am wondering about the quality of the box. We only want it for looks and a few evening fires (Florida girl), we don't need the heat, Ha! We are planning on wood burning 36" Please let me know, or any other brand sugestions. Thanks

Comments (3)

• remodelzombie
    14 years ago

Majestic is supposed to be a good fireplace. Majestic/Vermont Castings actually filed bankruptcy around March 2008 last year and were bought by Monessen Hearth, so a lot of Majestic styles are being discontinued.

I can't install wood burning where I live due to environmental laws. I just bought 4 direct vent fireplaces, but none are installed yet, so I can't give you an experienced review yet.

I bought 2 Heater rated fireplaces: Lennox 42" Ravelle and Napoleon 36" Starfire. Also Lennox 45" Montebello and the discontinued Majestic 20" Brookhaven with a corner cabinet.

• fandlil
    14 years ago

We had a Jotul gas direct vent insert installed into our 1985 vintage prefab fireplace about 2 years ago. We're very pleased. Jotul products are manufactured in Norway and assembled in Maine. They have an excellent reputation. But one word of caution: Their customer service 800# is really intended for "the trade," contractors who install the things, so they do not respond to questions from the "retail" sector. In any event, whatever you decide to get, make sure your installer has the needed expertise. These things are not easy to put together, and there's a lot of detail involved.

• texaschimneypro
    14 years ago

True Majestic did go out of business and monnesen bought them out. But the majestic fireplaces are still good fireplaces. Monessen has kept alot of the majestic brands one being the 36" woodburning unit. Also they are still making the flue pipe for that particular unit. If you already have purchased the fireplace I don't see no reason why it won't do just fine. I have dealt with majestic for a long time they have decent fireplaces they draft well and have gas knockouts for the option of gas. So if you wanted to add a gas log lighter to help start your fire and possibly convert to gas logs later down the road the option is there.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz