Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electric fireplace with realistic looking fire

Posted by maries1120 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 23, 14 at 20:34

I found an old thread but I'm sure things have changed. We planned to remove and rebuild our gas fireplace but due to complications we are thinking of going with an electric fireplace with heat or no heat option. Xtroidinair has some along with Dimplex and other brands. Anyone have any experience with these? We want to go look at some this weekend but different stores carry different brands and are in the opposite direction.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electric fireplace with realistic looking fire

I bought a higher end Dimplex one. The largest stove we could find was the Celeste - Black enamel. The fireplace looks nice and I like the look of the flame. My biggest complaint is the control box that sits under the stove box has a bright red light that is lit up when in use. Totally destroys the look of a natural looking wood stove. The fan is quiet and does put out supplemental heat, however we mostly purchased it for the warm look it gives the room. You would think they could design an electric wood stove that hid the control box better.

o

If you want to buy electric fireplace then you can find it in the internet because now every good company want globalize there product through internet you get the exact product details and those products through there website they are much cheaper then the market.

o

Some electric wall mounted fireplaces have really nice, realistic looking virtual fires, but others look more like a couple candles sitting next to each other. I ended up going with one of the Touchstone models, as I feel these are a solid choice and I am very satisfied with mine. I bought my wall mounted electric fireplace here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wall Mounted Fireplace Reviews

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here