Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Harman Pellet Stove Problem

Posted by orangepeople (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 24, 08 at 20:04

A hi-pitch noise when the auger is running, can be cured by oiling the auger motor, both front & rear. Tough to get at but not impossible. Also check on alignment of the drive chain as older models had rubber grommets holding the motor to the bracket, half of mine were missing. A new bracket is available, but don't wait for your dealer or Harman to tell you so.

I have found that for me anyway, Harman service and warrenty are non existant. I have fired my dealer and will find a better service outlet.

Allthough I am more than pleased with my Accentra purchased in October of 2004. I would, if I could do it over, go with a Vermont Wood Stove. There is a basket for wood stoves that utilizes a pellet brick, that would give the same results as a wood stove with no cutting, splitting of cord wood, stacking or drying and result in lower ash and handeling that is the benifit of the pellet stove.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Harman Pellet Stove Problem

Could you please post the old and new part numbers for the bracket?

o
RE: Harman Pellet Stove Problem

Sometimes when burning longer pellets, a pellet will get in front of the slide plate and the slide plate will be forced to cut the pellet. The extra pressure required may cause the motor mount bracket to flex enough to allow the drive chain to crawl off the sprockets on chain drive models. If this happens, you may be able to reduce the force required to cut pellets by filing a bevel on the end of the slide plate. Newer stoves now have a stiffer motor mount bracket to reduce flexing. The early 1-10-06603 motor mount bracket used in the Accentra and the Advance can be replaced by the revised stiffer 1-10-677005 bracket. This issue does not affect noise in the auger gearmotor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here