Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Harman Accentra 2 F.S. Pellet stove Keeps blowing fuses ? Help

Posted by dcher (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 17:00

My 5-6 year old Harman Accentra 2 stopped feeding pellets for about 1 hour ( When it was calling for Pellets) and fire was going out even though the temperature was calling for fire.

Unplugged stove in hopes of resetting computer
When plugged back in the feed light lit and auger started but then fuse blew and everything shut off :-(

Replaced 6 Amp fuse and it does the same exact thing auger starts and fuse blows ...

Thinking possible Auger Motor problem ...

It is Palm Sunday and no one is answering their phones to fix it and we are supposed to be getting a snow storm here in PA. tonight and tomorrow So who knows if & when I will be able to get the 1 and only Harman dealer out to look at it.

Was working perfectly fine until this happened
Any and all help and/ or suggestions would be greatly appreciated... as it is getting cold in here already
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Harman Accentra 2 F.S. Pellet stove Keeps blowing fuses ? Hel

I had a similar problem with my pellet stove from Quadra-fire. So I called them up and the guy said that I need to turn it off long enough for it too cool down, give it a good clean out because there could be some residue, ash or build up that is getting in the way for the system to work properly. He used some other fancy words but what I heard was that it needs to be thoroughly cleaned at least every year and I haven't done that in two winters. Hope this helps and good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Quadra-Fire

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here