Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cocolallakid

Scott Pellet Stoves

cocolallakids
18 years ago

I hear they no longer make Scott brand pellet stoves. My problem is we bought a used one not knowing this. (yes, we now know not to buy used ones either!) Until we can afford a new one we'd like to repair ours if possible. Every so often we get a puff of smoke out the back, under the hopper and it smells like burnt marshmellow. Any ideas on what causes this?

Comments (32)

• maryland_irisman
    18 years ago

I'll bet this happens most times during start up? There is an air inlet in that area for a kit you can buy to bring in outside air. If you can, hook it up to bring in outside air. Otherwise, put an extension on it to give the stove more time to suck it back in before it disipates into the room. You might want to check the exhaust flue to make certain it is cleaned also.

Most pellet stoves are basically the same and can be repaired quite easily unless there are special parts that need to be replaced. When I say special parts, I'm referring to things like the glass door, hopper door and things specific to the contours of the stove. Augers, motors, fan motors, thermostats and the like can be interchangeable albeit sometimes some retrofitting may be necessary.

• munk
    17 years ago

I have a Scott Pellet Stove that leaks smoke back through the hopper whenever I open it to add more pellets. Anyone know what causes this problem? Some times there is quite a bit of smoke, and I am concerned about the hazard of smoke inhilation while we are sleeping.
    P.S. The auger mode button must be pushed everytime you start the pellet stove to start the auger. That is the only function it has.

• gary-s
    17 years ago

Here's another thought on the smoke issue:
    Actually, a couple - is the chimney clear, and large enough. Mine is 6" and goes straight up through the ceiling and roof above. I haven't had any trouble with it smoking.

Also - 2nd thought - have you ever removed all the firebrick in the top of the firebox? Could be that ash has piled up on top of the fire brick, and may be causing a pressure build-up in the firebox, pushing smke back through the auger when it is less than full.

I'm still looking for a manual for the Scott stove, if anyone has one.

Happy New year!

Gary

• gary-s
    16 years ago

I now have the manual for the Scott Pellet Stove and have scanned it. If anyone needs a copy, email me.

Gary

• bart_bart
    15 years ago

hi gary, i need the manuel for the scott stove.

can you e-mail me at: jimmybalzamo@hotmail.com

best regards

• ftaylor51_earthlink_net
    15 years ago

Hi, I have and old guy I know he bought a used scott pellet stove. He needs a inst.book I worry he will not hook it up right. Any help please e-mail me ftaylor51@earthlink.net THANKS SO MUCH Freddie

• xxjeanniexx
    15 years ago

Hi Gary, may i please have a manual too...thanks. gneegrneyez@yahoo.com and i was looking at buying a used Scott stove for 150.00 the guy says it just needs a heating element, do you think its worth it and can a heating element be located? Thanks so much! Jeannie

• gary-s
    15 years ago

Anyone wanting a manual for a Scott Stove, and leads on auger motors and fans, please email me.

• scott-h
    13 years ago

Gary-s If you still have a copy of the manual for Scott Pellet Stoves I could sure use a copy. sghowes@gmail.com

Thanks!

• dkhil27_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

Gary-s If you still have a copy of the manual for Scott Pellet Stoves I could sure use a copy please my email is dkhill27@yahoo.com

Thanks!

• randy76
    12 years ago

Hi Gary I could use a manual to scott pellet stove also send to rtprince@netzero.com Thank you

• jparizona
    12 years ago

Hello Gary. If the offer is still available I could use a manual for my scott pellet stove also. jerpadilla@yahoo.com is my e-mail. I live in Arizona and have been looking for parts to my scott pellet stove. Any suggestions? Need a fan and a blower. Thanks for your help. jparizona

• rwaite83
    11 years ago

HI GARY IF YOU STILL HAVE THAT OWNERS MANUAL I WOULD LOVE A COPY rwaite83@yahoo.com THANKS A BUNCH

• eller02
    8 years ago

Gary. Any chance of still getting a Scott pellet stove manual? My email is eller02@gmail.com. . I am needing wire diagram. Thanks, Randy

• aypa101
    7 years ago

I have a scott pellet stove and I am looking for a blower motor and auger motor to replace can any one tell me where I can get parts for the stove since the manufacture is no longer in business. thanks

• snjeremy
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Hi Gary can I get a copy of the manual too? My email address is snjeremy@gmail.com

• PRO
    The WorkShop LLC
    7 years ago

Hi Gary would it be possible to please get a copy of the manual also?? My Email address is Tyrell@theworkshopcda.com

• Tina otterstein
    7 years ago

Hi Gary I'm also looking for a manual. I can't figure out how to email you and don't know your email address but could you please email it to me? Dingaling.tt@gmail.com (yes, it's my real email lol)

• David Porter
    6 years ago

Hi Gary I bough a Scott pellet fireplace insert the circuit board when out need a manual If you think it will work, thanks softail45h@gmail.com

• svsmam
    6 years ago

hi gary i was wondering if i could still get a scott pellet stove manual my email is svsmam@aol.com also if u new auger motor speed thx from spokane

• HU-202279
    6 years ago

If you still have a manual available, I could sure use one. Thanks....Bob

bob@goldfeverminingsupply.com

• qa_supervisor
    6 years ago

Hi Gary, I could please use a manual if you still have one. Please send to qa.supervisor@yahoo.com thank you

• HU-42388594
    5 years ago

I just bought a house that has a Scott pellet stove. Will not turn on basic no signs of life. I could also use a manual or does anyone know if there’s a fuse or something?

email rbmsent@gmail.com

• Teresa Domino
    4 years ago

Hi Gary would love to have a Scott’s pellet stover manual tkdomino64@gmail.com thanks

• HU-653752840
    4 years ago

Hi I would like to hae one to thanks E-mail jeffkohler@rocketmail.com

• HU-114971091
    4 years ago

Hello Gary , if you cou send me the manual I would appreciate it , greg.baucom@yahoo.com , thanks

• HU-40437080
    4 years ago

Gary: See where you posted 'way back'..... about having a Scott Magnafire Manual. I would greatly appreciate receiving a copy.. This 'old body' is a wee bit tired of getting down to and up from the harth. Still able to do so.... no complaint. Please advise. Thanking you in advance. mikegilman75@gmail.com Should any other person viewing this have a manual and are willing to share.... please, Please let me know....... An alternate email is CaptMikeG@msn.com Thanking all in advaance. mike

• KAREN MARZULLO
    3 years ago

Wow! still getting requests for a Scott Pellet stove manual. I, too, would like a copy. Anyone still reading this? If so, could you mail me a copy? Thank you so much. kjensen201@yahoo.com

• julesinerie
    2 years ago

Hi! I realize it’s been over a decade since you posted you had a Scott Wood Pellet stove manual, but if you still have it I’d appreciate a copy! My email is julesinerie@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Jules

• Tyson Madden
    2 years ago

Anyone that has a scott stove have a problem with the air in the firepot? Where does the air come from not the blower must come from the auger switch sometimes I have great air other times none. Also someone welded my air damper so it won't move in or out. Anyone find a manual that would be great

• HU-537121423
    last year

Hi Gary, i also have a scott pellet stove and would greatly appreciate a copy of the manuel.Cozzi01@live.com