Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beck678

How to remove excess materials

beck678
14 years ago

I purchased my home 2 years ago as a foreclosure, great deal but I never got any sellers disclosures.

Anyway, my family room is an addition (don't even get me started with some of the problems here, such as no heat/air vents in the room...) and there is a natural fireplace in the room which I do use occasionally, although I have toyed with the idea of converting it to gas.

My biggest gripe is not only the brick that spans the entire wall, but the hearth that goes all the way across too (the room is about 18-19 feet long). I find it to be a constant thorn in my side when I am trying to move furniture around, as I am losing about a foot of space because of the hearth.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the hearth (or at least take a piece off so I can see what is under it). And what about the brick on the wall? There is like no insulation in the walls either (well, very little). In a perfect world I would tear the house down and rebuild it, i love where I live, I just don't love a lot of things about this house!

Comments (3)