Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wiring a thermostat to a pellet stove

Posted by eric01 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 7, 05 at 21:12

I decided to put a thermostat on my pellet stove to see if it would help with the pellet cost.

I wired it to the circuit board as instructed, moved the jumper, and turned the stove on an waited to be amazed, how simple 1 wire and 4 screws. What I soon realized was that the stove was cycling as indicated in the manual, but only from settings 1 through 3 instead of 1-6, and would just keep repeating this. It never got the house over 70 degrees. Very cost effective on the pellets but not much for comfort.

Does any one have any ideas here?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wiring a thermostat to a pellet stove

Iwould contact the Mfg to see if this is normal.

o

I finally did get ahold of the manufacturer. What I was told was to remove the jumper, completly and this would allow the stove to cycle through all of the heat settings on the stove. This part was never mentioned in the owners manual that came with the stove or on the manuals on the web site.

Now it is a completely different stove.

o

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here