Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jamestown Pellet Stove smoking up the house

Posted by hawkes2381 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 08 at 19:59

Over the last week or so my Jamestown pellet stove has been giving off smoke into the house. I have clean the stove two or three times in the past week and the stove keeps smoking. I notice many black pellets within the stove everytime i cleaned the stove. The stove has been giving off a burning odor as well. The first thought that came to my head, was the pellets were bad. The pellets were wet. I want to the store and bought some new pellets. Is there a bigger issue going on with the stove. Does anyone have any advise? Thany You

Nefan2381@aol.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jamestown Pellet Stove smoking up the house

A good place to start would be checking the flue and vent to be sure it's not plugged up with creosote, debris or a dead animal. If the vent is plugged, the smoke will not be able to vent properly and will be much more likely to vent into your home one way or another.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here