Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pellet Stove 'Log Set'

Posted by deborella (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 5, 05 at 17:15

Does anyone have the 'logs' that can be added to a pellet stove for esthetic effect? I am thinking about getting the set that are made for the Quadra Fire to add to the visual appeal. Also, if you have them, do you have to remove them before cleaning the stove each time?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pellet Stove 'Log Set'

My experience with the 'log' set from the pellet stove I have is that it was more of a pain in the behind that it was worth. I received it free as part of a sale ($100 of free accessories) when I bought the stove. It is really hard to clean the burn pot and must be removed during occasional cleanings. I pulled it out for the heating season and will put it back in during summer months when the stove is not used.

Not sure about the Quadra Fire design - it might not be in the way as much as mine is.

o

I have a Quadra Fire Santa Fe, and I'd really like the logs also, but the guy that installed my pellet pipe for me (he's a professional chimney sweep that services 100's of pellet stoves per year) said that the log set makes the stove harder to clean. He didn't say whether most people just use a vacuum with a brush and clean around them; or if they pull them out to clean.

I'd guess that you'd probably want to pull them out at least once every couple weeks to clean around them.

o

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here