Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quadra Fire igniter problem

Posted by joeyoso (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 08 at 9:16

Hello

I have a Quara Fire contour model pellet stove...purchasaed in 2000.

Two days ago, the fuse went bad, so I replaced it the next day (yesterday). Everything seemed to come on, but the igniter wont ignite the pellets. The red light is on and the auger feeds fine. The bowl is clean...I clean it after every bag so I thats not an issue.

Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Thanks on advance for your help

Joey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quadra Fire igniter problem

Could be the ignitor burnt out. The ignitor on my Quadrafire is a resistance coil that heats up the burn pot and ignites the pellets. If you have an ohmmeter check it for continuity. Another possibility that something in the electronics went bad, but I think the light would not be on. check your manual for troubleshooting instructions. My quad came with a spare ignitor coil and instructions to replace and troubleshooting info. If you can't figure it out call the dealer.

o
Problem solved: Quadra Fire igniter problem

It ended up being the igniter. But the way the stove went out didn't lead me to believe it was the igniter. I went to the Mom and Pop home center where I bout my stove and the manager knew EVERYTHING about my stove. I purchased a snap disc, of which they had them all in stock, and replaced it with the extra igniter that came with my stove.

Such an easy fix, and I have to give my friendly home center much praise because of their knowledge and want to help me solve my problem. (unlike most big box stores)

Thanks rjoh, looks like you were right on the money.

Cheers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here