Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lopi Pioneer Pellet stove - need help

Posted by mikus29 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 12 at 2:57

My lopi stove blew its fuse and caused the home circuit breaker to open as well. I replaced the fuse and reset the breaker. Plugged the stove back in and the control panel has no power(or anywhere else that I can tell).

I tried a different outlet with verified power, also.

Can anyone help me figure out what to look at next? Could a power surge have fried the control panel before the fuse did its job? Is there some other sacrificial component within the stove I should check? Is there a reset procedure not found in the owners manual?

I've combed the owners manual and can find no reference to a second fuse or other electrical protection features.

It's getting a bit chilly with just cheap electric heater fans going.... brrr...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lopi Pioneer Pellet stove - need help

Problem solved. There is a fuse on the control panel that is not listed in the owners manual. After finding and replacing that fuse and dismantling the feed screw in the hopper, the stove is now operating normally. It must have been an obstruction binding up the the pellet feed screw, causing an electrical overload.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here