Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hearthstone clydesdale insert wood stove

Posted by onesisu (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 18, 13 at 23:18

Hearthstone Cyldesdale insert.

This stove has the large glass door, 12 x 22.

Purchased the stove in 2012.

The glass loads up with smoke particles everyday. We were told it is crosote on the doors but We do not burn wet wood. We think the air vent is too small to clear the window. The smoke builds up in the door corners and along the sides, not down the middle because the air vent is located on the center line of the stove below the door.

When the air vent is closed it seems to let too much air in because the fire burns a little too fast which makes it impossible to hold the fire overnight.

We have been wood and coal burners since the 1970's, this is our first insert.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hearthstone clydesdale; noisy barrel cages

My Hearthstone Clydesdale is absolutely all it was said to be. Bought it 6 years ago, it's big belly can take 60#s of wood; feed it twice a day . . .this has been the coldest winter I can recall in Quincy, Mass (just south of Boston, on the Atlantic, which one would think would be just a little warmer than inland). No complaints from me regarding the warmth it generates in our home These barrel cages scream, noise wise that is; two whining cages. I have vacuumed them, taken the housing apart during the summer and meticulously put it back. Three years ago I had a service person come out and do maintenance; he said the noise was 'normal'. Don't think so. Initially we sat in front of the fire with IPA in hand, but the noise has moved us to another room. Gives off mega heat, but I am sadly considering replacing the wood stove insert with gas . . .can someone give advice on this noise dilemma. . . gas would surely ruin any 'ambiance' we get from burning oak. . . .Uechii

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here