Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njkol80

Looking for a slim direct-vent clean face fireplace

njkol80
11 years ago

Hi, I want to add a masonry-look gas fireplace to my family room, but with the only appropriate wall being an interior wall, I'm struggling to find a shallow depth direct vent. I considered vent-free (As an experimental scientist/physical chemist, I have no problem running my ~50k Btu oven with the oven door open to heat the kitchen quickly, and I don't see a difference, plus I have massive 72" ceiling fans and very wide doorways/high ceilings to thoroughly mix the air).

I do, however, have concerns over the long-term value when the house is sold (lots of people distrust vent-free), as I want to build out a marble surround and well-trimmed/architecturally integrated mantle into my victorian home that I hope will stay there for a long time! I have included a photo of my near-ideal firebox "look" to demonstrate how concerned I am with a true masonry look.
My problem is that the fireplaces which look most masonry-like are quite deep and/or B-vent, and I'd like to get efficiency, and keep the framed depth to ~15" or less. I've considered the BGD36CF from Napoleon and the Lennox SLDVT, but neither blow me away with their specs nor look.

Does anyone know of other options out there I may have missed that have come out since the last post on this topic here at GW ?

Thanks, njk

Comment (1)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio