Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
randy_the_hack

Help! Ashley wood furnace thermodiscs went bad

randy_the_hack
13 years ago

Hi all. I have an Ashley wood furnace - forced air tied in with my heat pump. It was in the house when we bought it and worked well for years and years.

A couple of years ago I noticed the blower would cycle on and off, on and off. A children's pastor at my church who knows a little about HVAC systems came over, looked, and suggested that one or more thermodiscs were bad. I tried to find some that were the right size and heat ratings and - while I was able to find some with the correct form factor, I was unable to find any with the right heat rating. Since then, I've misplaced the originals and I have no idea what the right heat rating should be.

There are two on this unit... and I haven't the foggiest what the correct heat rating should be on these things. The two I have allow the furnace to work... but when it used to go on and stay on until the fire was down to embers, now it turns on and will kick back off in 2-3 minutes or so... just to repeat the cycle over and over again.

Ashley is out of business and I'm not sure where to go for information and advice. Anyone have any ideas what I should be looking for... source for the things, and what the temperature ratings should be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm