Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Wood Stove Pipe Confusion

Posted by doug6430 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 5, 10 at 20:28

I have an old VC Resolute I want to hook up. Running it through the ceiling is not practicle. I plan on coming straight up and elbow through a drywall partition. I am really confused by all the posts on what exterior pipe I should use. I received quotes on stainless steel 6" double wall/triple wall pipe anywhere from $ 150 to $ 450 for a 36" length. I know I can run single wall inside until I break through the wall, but I am confused on the double wall, triple wall ... I was just looking at Simpson and next I see a post that states trtipple wall is NG. Could someone reccomend a reasonable, practical and economical solution for running exterior pipe up the side a one story cabin? My intention is to eventually build a chase around it in the spring.

Follow-Up Postings:

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here