Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
P68 Harmon

Posted by fisher90 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 26, 08 at 20:17

We had a P68 installed 9 days ago and we've already gone through a 1/2 ton of pellets. I'm confused, our settings are Room temp @ 75 and the feed rate is 3. I have the probe sitting 36 inshes off the floor. It's installed a partially finished basement. Getting heat but this amount of pellets seems excessive. Any ideas, thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: P68 Harmon

That does seem like a lot. We have a P61 first season, and have just gone through the second ton of pellets since late Sept. Its been mild here in Pa so far until the last couple weeks so Im sure thats helped. Where do you live, average temp? Do you scrape the burnpot daily, like recommended? I run the auger speed on 4. temp about 80 degrees, and the probe up behing the stove in the corner of the room. Im still playing with the blower settings and am still not sure which is the most econmical. Im asuming the warmer you set the temp, the higher the blower. So far I havent run it at all on high, just low, and sometimes mid range. Id contact the dealer, and see if they can give you any info. Check out this site. Great bunch, and maybe they can help. Good luck, Doug

o
RE: P68 Harmon stove

http://hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/

o

Thanks, I have the dealer coming out on Tuesday. I have been running the temp at 75 with the feeder at 3. The blower is on the mid setting. I hope they find what's wrong otherwise it'll be cheaper to keep it turned off. Thanks again.

o

Depending on how much you are heating that might not be too bad. We've had a cold spell and I've been averaging 3 bags a day for the last couple of weeks, but our temps are supposed to warm up this week, so I should be able to slow down.

I run a P61. During the winter, I have all of my settings on max and just adjust my feed rate to keep the house where I want it. During the spring and fall, I use the temp mode. I also use my ceiling fan to circulate the heat from the stove throughout my house.

There is a learning curve to efficiently using a pellet stove to heat your home- be patient and see what works best for you.

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here