Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
auto or manual ignite

Posted by cruisegal (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 27, 09 at 19:48

We are going to have a large outdoor firepit built as well as 2 fire / water features for our pool. We are trying to decide if it is worth the money to have the auto ignite for each of them. This would allow us start them with our pool remote. From my internet research each auto ignite kit runs $1200 to $1600. I was told that I would need one kit for each fire, three of them total. Any insite, opinions or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Heather

Here is a link that might be useful: Auto ignition kit

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: auto or manual ignite

Lot of money just for the convenience of not having to manually light them. It's pretty easy to light a fire pit manually, don't know about the other features. In almost all instances the remote feature can be added afterwards (it just requires the installation of an automatic valve on the gas line and an electronic pilot assembly), so one option would be for you to go with the manual and if you find it to be a problem, you could add the automatic capability to one or more of your "features" afterward.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here