Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
resolute vermont casting stove part

Posted by sponge1258 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 14, 06 at 19:18

I have a Vermont Castings Resolute stove, vintage 1984. It is the one door model that is hinged on the bottom of the door. I need the inside frame that holds the glass window to the door frame and can not find this part anywhere.

Does anybody have any advise on how I can get this part? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: resolute vermont casting stove part

I have a resolute, same vintage. I tried the glass once, and sent it back when I had to keep cleaning it. I think it attached with the same clamps used to secure the iron piece that you have in it now.

In fact, I am looking to buy the glass insert again (if anyone has it).

Fred

o

We have a resolute stove which came with the house we purchased in 1998; the stove I think must be pre 1990 based on the pictures I found on the VC website. The glass insert was in 2 pieces which I thought was odd since there was big gap right in the front. It is the one door model, hinged bottom. Now that our kids are older, we want to use the stove, so I ordered replacement glass from a stove dealer. They sent the same 2 piece insert. I think this must be for a 2 door model??? Did this vintage one door Resolute model have a one piece glass insert originally or did it come with a 2 piece insert? If it was meant to have a 2 piece glass piece, how do you seal the gap between the 2 pieces to prevent sparks from exiting? I have been on hold with CFM (Vermont Castings) for about 15 minutes now - the third time in a week and I am a bit frustrated with their customer service. It seems like an easy shape to fabricate. Can I get replacement glass from another source?

o

bump

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here