Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pilarica_gw

Vermont Castings 'Montpellier' fireplace insert REVIEWS

pilarica
15 years ago

I started reading because I've been in the process (for one year already) of buying a wood burning fireplace insert and the most recent possibility is the Vermont Castings "Montpelier". I live 1/2 hr from Montpelier VT, by the way but this is not the reason of my choice.

My fireplace has a wide entrance of 30" and narrows progressively to 22.5" wide at 14" deep and even worse as it gets deeper. As you might know, most inserts require wider areas at the back so that made me check into so many brands.

I am veeery picky: I want high quality, the best performance, ease of use, good looks of course and a fair $price$. So that's why it's taking so long to find the right insert. So far the only one that seems to fit my requirements and the size of my fireplace and my house is the non-catalytic (I prefer this type) Vermont Castings "Montpelier" but it is very new in the market and I can't find consumer reviews any place on-line.

ANYONE WHO HAS A VC MONTPELIER AND CAN SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCE? PLEASE, DON'T GET SIDETRACKED AGAIN FROM THE ORIGINAL QUESTION. Thanks: Pilarica (female if you must know) from Vermont.

Comments (8)