Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lutha_gw

Xtrordinair Fireplace

Lutha
10 years ago

We were directed to a local shop selling this product. The salespeople don't give prices or specifics, but continually direct us back to our GC. We went to ask about face options...again, the secrecy is nearly laughable. Is this common? We're ready to move on, but my other half did like the product.

Comments (17)

• michellemarie
    10 years ago

Fireplace Xtrordinaire has list pricing. It is the same for all dealers. What unit are you interested in and I will get you the list. This is an amazing line of fireplaces. THey are well made and beautiful.

• Lutha
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We are looking at the 564 HO or 564 SS. My husband also likes the linear model, but I don't have model number for that one...I think it is out of our price range.
    Thanks!

• Lutha
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another question...why can some fireplaces come with logs/glass/rocks and others don't have the options?

• Lutha
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We made another trip to the local showroom, then we drove to another dealer out of our immediate area. It seems for what we want (river rock options, remote control, blower) the HO 564 package is the best way to go. I'm not sure we really need all that BTU, but as the salespeople keep saying "it has a great turn down feature" I'm not a fan of the glass, but I guess you must use it. Thanks for all the great information!

• grace8367
    9 years ago

MichelleMarie- can you provide the list pricing for the FPX 864 TRV, Architectural Doors in Black, Sand Kit and Handmade brick? I found this post while scouring fireplace posts as we are building a house and I am trying to purchase the fireplace myself rather than go thru the contractor. I've found a local dealer but would like to be as prepared as possible to negotiate pricing. Thanks much for any info, your recommendations on other posts helped me to decide on this particular model.

• mcfie
    9 years ago

Hi MichelleMarie can you provide the list price for the Fireplace Extrordinair 564 SS and 564 GSR2 Deluxe models.

• eastshoremayers
    9 years ago

Can you please give me a price for the Travis 4415 as well as for the accessories?

I am particularly interested in the Stainless Fireback, the Bronze glass, and both the driftwood logs and regular logs.

Thank you.

• Mara Gold
    9 years ago

I would LOVE pricing on the 4415 too!

Thanks

• melegrn
    9 years ago

I am looking for pricing on a fireplace xtrordinair 6015 linear direct vent fireplace

• Dana Christie
    8 years ago

I'm also interested in the 4415 HO but don't really need it as a heat source for the whole house, is there an option that looks like this, heats things up but not as much as the HO model?

• ruthbragg
    8 years ago

We are shopping for 4 of these fireplaces do you know what dealer will discount deep? an 864 pass thru two 864 ho and a 60 inch linear model

• rmargulies
    7 years ago

i am also trying to find pricing for the

FireplaceX 6015 HO

• seniortom25
    6 years ago

I am looking for the price of a Linear Gas Fireplaces xtrordinair model 4415 (not the see Thur), gallery face option, platinum glass. Also I was told a ventless is cheaper than direct vent and there is not that much of a different. I am worry about smelling the fuses. What is your recommendation.

• PRO
    COASTROAD Hearth & Patio
    6 years ago

Hello all - I am an FPX dealer and I am sorry if we come off as cagey sometimes.

I see this is an old discussion, bur I'm going to chime in on a couple of points.

First off, the pricing that michellemarie quoted is now 3-1/2 years out and out-of-date. But she makes a number of good points.

I have similar difficulties when it comes to builders. Practically all of our good contractors share their pricing info directly with the homeowners, so everything is transparent, but some builders don't want us to share any pricing with their clients, and then they upcharge the product however much they feel like. It's not us trying to be diffcult, it's just some builders putting us in an awkward spot.

Fireplace Xtrordinair does have a sort of list price, but not everyone uses it. Frankly, the price of the unit itself is a bit misleading, because there are a number of trims and options available for most models and professional installation can be significant depending on the situation. Your installed cost may rightly be double the cost of the unit itself.

For anyone who said they don't need that much heat: Remember that the flame appearance is directly related to the amount of gas (BTUs) being burned. Most folks are not happy with the piddly fire in a low BTU unit. On most FPX models you can direct the heat to another room or even outside if you want.

If you really don't want heat, you can get a DaVInci fireplace and exhaust practically all of the heat, but that will cost more, not less.

For seniortom25, the "vented vs. unvented" debate is a whole can of worms. Find a local National Fireplace Institute expert to talk about the details as they are pertinent to your situation. FPX does not make unvented gas fireplaces.

For anyone that needs a reputable professional to talk to, you can try the NFI search page: National Fireplace Institute Certified Professionals

Best wishes on everyone's projects.

• anarhea1
    6 years ago

I need help. We bought the Fireplace Xtrordinair 6015 HO GSR2 and just realized that the access panel is below the viewable area, with a hinged door that opens downward. How do you tile over this and still get access for maintenance?? This seems a very awkward design. All the photos of these linear fireplaces show tile below and completely around the viewable area. Please help.

• PRO
    COASTROAD Hearth & Patio
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Everything inside the 6015HO is accessible without getting to that "access". The panel is there only for the convenience of the technicians when the fireplace is being installed. The entire face of the fireplace is intended to be covered, just as you have seen it in other places.