Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quadrafire 3100i or Napoleon 1402 Inserts

Posted by boxerdogheidi (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 15, 10 at 14:10

Can't decide which insert will be better for me. I'm in a 150 year old house with very little insulation. I currently have Arrow i12 by Heatilator, 13 years old. I find it too small, plus one fan doesn't work and second fan is about to quit. Can't get replacement fans. I want something that will heat my 14x24 living room QUICKLY in the morning. Would be nice to have something that would burn overnight but if it heats quickly thats good enough. It gets real cold here, Ontario, Canada. I already have a big stove in another part of the house. My only restriction is that the stove can't be deeper than 14 inches. It's a really big fireplace opening but not very deep. I'm looking at Quadrafire 3100i at $3,400 installed or Napoleon 1402 $2,600. But price is not the biggest factor. I like them both because of the large firebox and they both stick out into the room some, which I would think would help give more heat and heat the room up quicker. HOWEVER, the Napoleon has two 200 CFM fans. I can't seem to find out what size the one fan on the Quadrafire is. BUT the dealer said the Napoleon is not as qood a unit. He said the "air intake" ?? is known to burn out. And would probably cost $900 to repair. ??? We burn LOTS of wood in this stove and I want something that can take it. Does anybody know anything, good or bad, about these inserts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quadrafire 3100i or Napoleon 1402 Inserts

IF there is any chance of failure or known issue that could present a 900.00 problem that right there would make my decision. Quadrafire is good stuff, it might not put out quite as much heat but there would be more peace of mind with it. You never know it might draft better and put out more heat which is probably the case.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here