Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Help! I need an adapter

Posted by doug6430 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 17, 10 at 11:32

I Have a 1970's Resolute wood stove that I am in need of a flange/pipe that will convert from oval to round 6 inch. ( The flange coming off the stove is oval) I have visited a number of stores and the solutions have varied to the extreme of buying a new stove. Can someone help direct me to a site or store to purchase. thanks Doug

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Help! I need an adapter

The part you're looking for is called a boot or oval to round adapter and was used almost exclusively on Vermont Castings stoves. One of these online sources should carry them: Googling oval to round stove pipe adapter will no doubt turn up other sources. If there's a long time VC dealer near you, he might have one as well.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here