Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jcayer_gw

Harman Advance Questions

jcayer
12 years ago

I did a self install of this stove. The vent is a 3 inch pipe that goes out a foot, then hits a tee. The bottom of the tee is a clean out. It converts to 4inch pipe and runs up 16-20 feet, out my garage roof.

The stove is installed and working fine. But I did expect it to throw out more heat than it is. I am running it on Thermostatic mode, set just below 80 degrees. The fan is probably around medium-high for speed. The feed rate is at 4. I cannot get the room over 74 degrees. The thermostat is on the wall opposite the stove, about 15 feet away.

A couple days ago, the heat output really dropped and I realized I needed to empty the ash bin. The ash bin on the Advance has a couple clips that keep it sealed tight. As soon as I released one of the clips, the ash bin moved a little and the fire doubled in size. After cleaning that, I repeated the test a few more times over the course of a day or 2. Each time, the flame doubled in size and then got small again as soon as I latched the clip. Should the flame be getting this much larger or is the stove was not getting enough air? The room it is in is over 600 square feet, with a cathedral ceiling. I do not have a fresh air intake installed. I did try removing the back panel of the stove, to provide more air to the intake. This had no effect. Any ideas?

If I have to add an external intake, can it come from my garage or do I have to go outside?

I suspect I'm dreaming but is there anyway to keep the glass clean?

Thanks for any help or insight.

josh

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths