Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best place to buy Glass Doors for a wood burner

Posted by muddy_water (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 5, 08 at 9:51

I want to buy new glass doors for my fireplace any suggestions on the best place to purchase would be great!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best place to buy Glass Doors for a wood burner

Is your fireplace designed to operate with the doors closed? Many older units are not, so be aware of that.
But the best place to buy doors or anything for your fireplace is of course, your local stove shop!

o

I would try to get ceramic glass doors instead of typical tempered safety glass. Ceramic glass allows radiant heat to flow through the glass, tempered glass blocks radiant heat. Most high-quality inserts use ceramic glass.

o
RE: Best place to buy Doors for a wood burner

Ceramic glass is expensive, about 50 cents per square inch.

o

Thanks I check it out....I also need a metal (stainless crown put on my fire place the quote I recieved is $450.00 for a single fire place is that about the right cost?

o

$450 - ouch. I would check the price at a local stove shop and see if you can install it yourself. Maybe save a few hundred $$.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here