Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vermont Castings VF 25 Trouble

Posted by psuce (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 9:17

I am having a problem with my older model Vermont Castings VF 25 vent free propane stove. The pilot is hard to keep lit at times while other times it lights but shuts down after a period of time. Sometimes it operates with no problem at all. I had it cleaned and a local shop told me the pilot assembly may need to be replaced. However, I have noticed a correlation between how the gas valve behaves and the operation of the unit. When the black pilot or control knob that I turn to light the unit operated "freely" it functions fine. However, at times it fees "sluggish" or "gummy" when turning it and then I can expect a problem. Any thoughts on this. I don't want to be replacing parts that do not need replacing. I also don't want to be replacing parts one at a time. I just want "one and done" so to speak. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here