Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about pricing

Posted by mitch09 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 23, 09 at 8:01

Hey guys,

I have a quick question about pricing. I am interested in getting the Heat & Glow 6000GLX. I live in NY and only visited one place... They are supposed to be the biggest around.
It is very difficult for me to find comparable prices on the web, so I was hoping someone could tell me if I am getting ripped off or whether the prices they gave me are fair.

The unit itself is $3300. That is with a 10% discount.
They want another $1,800 for installation which includes the box outside since the fireplace will be flush with the wall.

We are doing 6 foot wide by 8 foot high cultured stone around the whole thing along with a cultured stone mantle and raised hearth.

They say with the installation of the stone and the prices above, the entire job would come to about $7,500.

I believe this is for the 36" model and no fancy door... Just the standard.

Is this a decent price for doing this or am I getting ripped off? I feel like it is high compared to other things I have seen, but with the stone work, it is hard for me to tell.

Any help would be really appreciated!
-Mitch

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about pricing

It's impossible to say whether your price is right because every fireplace situation is different. However, it's safe to say the price is not grossly out of line. More important you should make sure the price includes everything you want. It should be sufficiently detailed so that you know what you're getting. You should also get assurances that no costly unexpected additions are likely. You should also ask for references because these installations are complicated, and you want to be confident your installer has the needed expertise. Although he is unlikely to give you references of people who were unhappy with his work, it still pays to check them out -- ask to see the work he did for them so you can judge for yourself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here