Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shanna5_gw

Pellet stove not working properly

shanna5
13 years ago

Hello, i am new to this forum but not new to GW. I need some help with my pellet stove. We have had our pellet stove for a few years. This winter the auger keeps filling up with pellets instead of burning them completely. Some of the pellets in the auger are back and some are red hot (on fire). My husband has been cleaning out the auger frequently. Well last night we went to bed and got woke up by the smoke alarm, scared my husband to death, we have a 12 week old baby girl. We could smell the smoke but wasn't sure where it was comin from. There was red hot pellets in the ash tray of the pellet stove and a lot of them. So it seems the auger is filling up but not burning all the pellets so when the thing turns it flips the pellets in the ash tray b/c it's so full. Also now we have an errr 7 message that I can't get to go away or get the stove turned back on. I tried unplugging it for a few hrs and when I plugged it back in still the error message and when you press on or off the error message does not go away. I am not sure what's wrong with the stove? There is a panel on the inside of the hopper lid and it says United States Stove Company. Thanks for any help you can give us.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County