Can anyone recommend a gas fireplace that
- direct vent
- ceramic glass
- VERY energy efficient
- Thermostat
- Remote control
- $3-5k cost
- 35,000 BTU minimum

A link of a good model. I tried looking around but I got confused. There are literally hundreds of gas fireplace out there. =(

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A gas fireplace recommendation?

I would love to know this as well--great question! Overwhelming to pick.

o
RE: A gas fireplace recommendation?

I have had a direct vent Majestic running for 12 years. I have found Majestic is constantly being bought and sold and replacement parts are very expensive. Recently quoted $55.00 CDN for a ten buck thermocouple. $550.00 for a replacement glass. I had gone through 3 fan bearings in 6 years and finally gave up replacing them at $225.00 each kit, had to buy an entire kit with parts I don't need because can't source the bearing alone.

I do not recommend Majestic. I do recommend that when you think you have made your choice, call a dealer and start asking about the cost of replacement parts. As well if the unit is fan driven check to see if the motor and bearing is
Insulated, of not keep shopping.
Many companies appear to be building units that can not be retrofitted with FitsAll type replacement parts. That $55.00 thermocouple was the only one that would thread into the fitting where a $10.00 thermocouple would have been fine. As well some companies technical specs limit other aftermarket parts being retrofitted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here