Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geosulcata_gw

Ideas for floor to ceiling brick fireplace

geosulcata
12 years ago

We just purchased a 1969 Florida home. The blueprint shows that the room in the photos was once the sunroom. The room has been blocked in from the outside and has brick over the whole wall on the inside. There is a fireplace that has real firebrick inside. The exterior bricks have some cracking as well as some of the firebricks being loose. I doubt we would ever use the fireplace. Ideally (if I had the money) I would like to change it back into a florida room by removing the fireplace completely. We have also considered putting a window on either side of the fireplace for light and breeze.

I have painted the panelling and it has brightened up the room a lot, but the fireplace is just ugly with there being brick the entire length of the wall. Any ideas? The master bedroom and living room have huge sliders that open fully into the walls and there is a door off the kitchen.

The flooring is pebbles that have been grouted in. I found the floor charming at first, but now it is just a pain to clean and hard on our feet! I would love to hear ideas and to see pictures.

The pictures are from when we first looked at the house. The furniture and window treatments did not remain :)

{{gwi:1516412}}

{{gwi:1516413}}

{{gwi:1516414}}