SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbaldwin577

mortgage brokers

Michael Baldwin
13 years ago

Hi,

I am looking for a mortgage broker that works in the state of Nebraska.

My wife and I own our house free and clear, but we are unable to obtain a home equity loan to consolidate debt, with our bank. Part of the problem is we tried to get one about 5 months ago, and after paying the appraisal fee, our house didn't appraise for what we needed it to to pay off enough revolving debt, so the bank changed their mind on the loan. And because we paid them an appraisal fee, we ended up being 30 days past do on some accounts, causing our scores to drop.

We have sense been able to pay off a large chunk of our revolving debt, and now wish to use our house to consolidate the rest. The revolving debt was primarily from our last house, we spent more money on fixing it up than we should have, thinking we were going to stay there much longer. When we sold that house, we used the money to buy this one free and clear, and looking back, we should have got a mortgage on this one then, and paid off our debts instead.

So, if you have worked with a mortgage broker you think might be able to help, please let me know.

Thanks,

Michael

Comments (8)

Sponsored
More Discussions