SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Christmas gift from Joyful Guy

joyfulguy
19 years ago

Note to long-term devotees of the "Saving" forum: this is the same gift that I offered last year, so if you received it then, you can shift to another thread. Except that if you didn't follow my suggestion, it might be helpful to read on.

Greetings of the holiday season to all.

This suggestion should save you hundreds, more likely thousands, during your life (unless you have one foot in the grave).

Write down the name of all of the people that you've known: family, friends, school, sport, social, mosque/synagogue/church, etc. acquaintances. Add phone numbers and email addresses as they become available.

After New Year, when things settle down, spend some spare moments recalling more names.

Write down information about their training, work, hobbies, vacation destinations, interests, etc.

Soon you will find that you will pay attention when further items of interest are mentioned, will remember them to record on your return home.

You'll be asking related questions when you meet them - but don't give then the third degree - you don't want them to wonder whether you're working for the FBI.

When you have a need for a product or service in your life, home, etc., give someone familiar with that subject a call. People appreciate being consulted about things which they know about and in which they are interested.

If you have some good ideas at times, hear a funny story, etc. you can send a message to part or all of the group, occasionally. If you can make the items memorable and interesting enough that people look forward to your next message, great.

Some may even offer suggestions that you can include in the next message - that may develop into a newsletter.

You'll be developing a coterie of people whose skills you can access as needed.

Probably some will ask you if you know wwhere they can find information about this, that or whatever, if you let them know what you're doing.

If you help someone find some good advice, help, whatever - s/he'll owe you a favour.

For ease of editing, adding further information, etc. it's really much easier to keep this system on computer. With frequent back-up, of course: if you lose the infor, I'll bet you'll feel that you've lost something of real value.

As I said - if you follow this suggestion and it doesn't save you hundreds, more likely thousands, in your lifetime, I'll be surprised.

I hope that you and yours enjoy health, happiness, good times, renewal of some valued friendships and prosperity during the coming days.

Offered with affection, for I have developed regard for the wisdom - and in some cases the humour - of a number of you here.

joyful guy

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions