SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glavinsolo

My Budget: Debt vs. Savings. vs. Retirement

glavinsolo
16 years ago

Hello all of you from the finance forums.

I am a lurker who has posted in the past but I finally got a handle on my debt and I am working to pay it off.

Info:

$2500 - Amount that I have each month to be applied towards debt, savings, retirement

$9700 - Amount of CC1 that is currently at 5.9% for life of balance, no other purchases will be made to this CC

$9000 - Amount of CC2 that is currently at 3.9% for life of balance, no other purchases will be made to this CC

$0 - Amount of CC3 that is used and paid off each month that is a cash rebate card used to get money back from purchases

----------------------------

Don't eat out, don't have cable/satellite, have cheapest internet available, drive very little, live in an apartment, keep expenses at their minimums.

I am 25, married, looking to save for a house and here is my idea criticism welcome.

-----------------

CC1 -- Pay $450 each month

CC2 -- Pay $200 each month

CC3 -- Pay off each month ~$400

MFs -- invest $500 each month -historically 8-9% ROI

Roth -- invest $400 each month

I plan to out pace the interest on the CCs by investing in the MFs. They are all .5% operating cost MFs with no load.

This totals ~2000 of my 2500/month budget

The remainder of the monthly money will go in a 3.9% savings account each month for liquid emergency cash.

Goal is to be debt free and in a house by Q2 2009

----------------------------------------

How this debt came to be: I paid for my wife's college with these cards, I transferred my student loans to these cards, I paid my college with these cards, it added up quick.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions