Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home Business

Posted by diggerb2 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 07 at 13:38

I know this is off topic-- somewhat.

I'm looking for a forum that is geared to growing a home based business. I provide personal chef services, catering and baked goods from my home. (In ohio, I'm allowed to do the baking as long as my home capacity doesn't exceed 1000 loaves per hour. Catering is an extension of personal chef services where i do the prep for a party on site.)
eventually, i'd like to be able to afford to have a real kitchen/office from which i can work-- but i need to get sales up to about $50,000 to afford the additional overhead.

I really need to start to interact with other people that work from home in some nature of creative endeavor.
and was hoping to get directed to a forum that wopuld help with my needs.

Thanks

diggerb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home Business

Are you a member of any small business associations? Can you leave cards in gourmet shops? Williams Sonoma, Sur La table, etc? You might also consider putting up flyers at athletic clubs or places where busy, high-income people congregate. Check out the food forums at Garden Web. Someone there is bound to have a suggestion or two.

Personal Chefs Network-www.personalchefsnetwork.com/
Check out their online bulletin board/forums

American Personal Chef Association-www.personalchef.com
Home to one of the largest associations in the United States, with user friendly forums, great materials, dedicated to the Personal Chef Industry
United States Personal Chef Association-www.uspca.com/
One of the largest Personal Chef associations in the United States, with a user friendly website, dedicated to Personal Chefs including information about starting a personal chef business

Tips on finding and hiring a Gourmet Personal Chef-
www.gourmet-food-revolution.com/gourmet-personal-chef.html
About.com-www.about.com/food/
check out the forums here

AllExperts Questions & Answers-
Ask any question! Allexperts.com is the oldest & largest free Q&A service on the Internet. Find your topic then choose a volunteer to ask a question!
a)Business-B2B resources, start-ups...
b)Food/Drink-Recipes, wine, world cuisine...

Caretaker Gazette-www.caretaker.org/
wealthy people advertise for caretakers as well as chefs here. Might lead to a luxurious gig.

Craigslist-local announcements

City-Data-www.city-data.com/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here