Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best FREE home budget software??

Posted by luckynky (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 31, 05 at 12:46

I'm interested in starting a home budget and wondered if anyone here uses home budget programs and which are best and even more important which are free. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best FREE home budget software??

Star Office 5.2 (the last free version) is still floating around out there. Search for it on google: +download +free +"Star office 5.2"

Star office comes with a spreadsheet program, then you make categories for all your expenses, and track your budgeted amount for each category, vs the actual amount spent.

Or get Open Office, always free. It also has a spreadsheet which is Excel compatible.

Or look on Freezone Freeware. It has a section called "Suites" which is Word Processor, Spreadsheet and sometimes Database all in one. You can download the Freezone Freeware website at http://www.geocities.com/csroberts/index.html.

MS Works also comes bundled with many new PCs and it also has a spreadsheet.

I use MS Money, which also came free with my PC. You can flag categories as being tax deductible so at tax time, you print their "Tax report" which prints out all the tax deductible categories for you to transfer to your tax forms.

o

If you use gmail, you can use google documents. Online spreadsheet, online words, online presentation, online form generator, you name it. It is also stored online, if you are averse to having that info in the universe, you might not want to use it. But it is a good resource to know about.

o

I like Mint.com you input all your accounts and it learns the transactions, you can set up budgets, goals and it will alert you when you are over budget etc. It has an iphone app, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here