SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marylmi

Credit Union trying to make us pay twice for same check!

marylmi
16 years ago

Anyone have any ideas on this problem?

My husband cashed a pension check in September that unbeknowns to him was dated July of 2006. The credit union cashed it and it came back stamped "Payment Stopped". Credit union then took the money from our account to cover the check. We then called GM and they sent a replacement which we cashed and thought everything was ok. Credit union called just two days ago and said they got the check in and we owe the money for it AGAIN! They said the check was stamped "Copy, in leu of"???- I don't remember her exact word. It was the same exact check from July of 06 with the same check number on it. I told her that it had already been dealt with back in Sept/Oct. and we didn't owe anything and she said since it was in my husbands name that we are responsible and they wanted their money as the Federal Reserve wanted their money. According to GM, they have done their part and this needs to be worked out with the credit union & said it sounded like the credit union had messed up somewhere. Credit union has said they will freeze the account until this is resolved and I told her we have bills coming in that need to be paid and we don't want any checks bounced. Our next step is to see a lawyer if the situation can't be resolved. Anyone have any ideas what could be the problem with that check coming back to their office again?(checks are void after 90 days- I know we should have caught that)

Comments (20)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions