SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilyarose

did credit counseling, now what?

lilyarose
20 years ago

Hey there, I'm new around here. I've been very impressed with this community and all the knowledge you collectively have. I'd really appreciate commentary on my situation.

About two years ago, hubby went through a credit counseling group called "Christian Credit Counselors." They got his credit card rates and his monthly payments lowered significantly. His debt had been such that we would not have been able to pay it off during his lifetime at the rates we had. But now we expect to have it paid within about 2 more years. The CCC takes the monthly payments out of his checking account monthly and pays it for him. (Several times a year, we also send additional payments to them to pay extra on the cards with the highest interest)

I thought going through CCC was a great idea at the time. They told us that since his credit was pretty much shot from late payments, that this would increase his credit rating and, after it was all paid off, his credit would improve drastically.

After visiting this forum, I have read some folks advising against using CCC.

Can someone please comment on what specifically is not such a good idea about doing CCC, and what (since we already went through them) we can do to improve our situation?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio
More Discussions